The following instructions are for those who have already bought Win7 and are ready to upgrade from Windows Vista. The difference between installing Windows 7 and upgrading to Windows 7 is that you keep all your current settings, configurations, files and software. Even though Windows Vista and Windows 7 require the same hardware capacity we still advice you to run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to make sure Windows 7 can run on your computer.
Whether you should upgrade to the Home, Professional or Ultimate edition fully depends on what edition of Windows Vista you are already running. Neither is it possible to e.g. upgrade a 32 bit system to a 64 bit. You can check out microsoft.com to find out more about this.
Before you upgrade:
• Make sure you have either service pack 1 or 2 installed on your Windows Vista.
• Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
• Upgrade your virus protection software and run a scan. Hereafter, turn it off.
Upgrading to Windows 7
• If you have bought Windows 7 online you run the setup file sent to you.
• If you have bought Windows 7 offline you insert the disk in your computer.
• Choose the option Upgrade and follow the instructions.